I have been dying to get back to this for ages now, but something keeps cropping up. Work has been hectic and we have just come back from a weeks holiday so as from tomorrow, life should settle down again and I can do lots more reading and reviews. I have so many that I have been approved to read on NetGalley that I became a little overwhelmed and got myself into a little bit of a tizzy. I shall get there through one book at a time. It’s exciting really, and I am very grateful to be able to read such amazing books and then share my views with the rest of the world. It’s all I ever dreamed about doing and although I am nowhere near the stage I wish to make it to, I am enjoying the journey. I am very lucky that I am able to have spare time in order to read, I know I must sound very ungrateful I promise you I’m not, Life is good, it is to be cherished. Smile, laugh and love till you’re fit to burst.
- Why don’t they start with Hi or end with bye. I think I used to think this because I saw them as my friends still do!
- Finally an escape!
- I wish I could jump into this book
- The tv is far too loud why can’t it be silent
- Oh that was so funny! (usually about Mr Twiddle)
- I wonder what everyone else thinks about this book
- What can I read next
- Where do I get my next book from
- I want to make people smile like books make me smile
- Enid Blyton is amazing!
Did you like to read when you were younger? Let me know in the comments below!
I am late to the party as usual,but that doesn’t stop my excitement. I have just finished watching all three episodes back to back and here were my thoughts
- Rory doesn’t seem like Rory – Thats because she is now 32 years of age,although after the first episode she became much more Rory like!
- You cannot be the other woman, you were not built to be the other woman.
- You cannot treat another human being this way (Paul was that his name?) Rory could never do that
- Where is babettes husband
- Why is Dean only here for 10 seconds
- SOOKIE hold on why isn’t she at the smaller wedding
- Secret bar I love it!
- I love how everything is basically the same
- Oh come on I want to look at how the flat above lukes now looks
- Taylor hasn’t found a boyfriend
- Omg emily just said bullshit!
- I miss Richard
- Hehehe! Lanes dad hehe
- Mrs Kim is the same as always
- Let me see Lanes children whereeeee are they!
- I really wanted to see Georgia!
- Excuse me is that all we are going to see of April!
- This is finishing far too soon
- Why aren’t they eating in lukes? WHY
- WHERE IS MY BELOVED THEME TUNE
- I wonder who wrote that letter then?
- LIFE AND DEATH BRIGADE I love themmm
- Chilton ❤
- Ah Paris you haven’t changed a bit!
- YOUR WHAT?
There is loads more to tell you but I believe thats enough for now otherwise I can go on forever! Let me know yours?
So today I have finished reading Soulmates by Holly Bourne. What an adventure that was,but I have a rather large problem with this book. Surprisingly enough it isn’t the ending,well of course I wasn’t overjoyed that they couldn’t be together in the end but that isn’t my major to do. My issue was the mental health side of things. So Noah has depression he suffers with depression and you get to hear a little bit about it when him and Poppy get together. Poppy suffers with panic attacks. As someone who suffers panic attacks and depression I of course was drawn in by these parts of the characters lives. To then read that the only reason Noah has depression and Poppy suffers with panic attacks is because they’ve been too close to one another was kind of like a slap in the face. To me personally it kind of felt like that then took away that whole part of the story. The part that I was rather invested in as I really wanted to know about how Noah learnt to cope with his bouts of depression and how Poppy learn’t to control her panic attacks and how they both grew with that. In my personal opinion I believe that the author didn’t need to make it so that these parts of the characters lives completely changed,I feel that it would have added more to the story to have had those things kept in and spoken about a lot more. This is just me though,and I completely understand that I am not everyone! Have you read this book? What are your thoughts?
I love how refreshing this book is it when it comes to reading about a teenage pregnancy. Hannah is 15 not with the father we find out,although we don’t find out who the father is until much much later on. She loves the attention boys give her and thinks nothing of sleeping with Fletch who she doesn’t even really like. She overthinks situations and deep down you learn to realise who she really is and who she would really like to be,instead of this reputation she and the rest of her school have given her. Along comes Aaron,son of the History teacher who has just moved from his old school but won’t give away any details of why. He’s detached and nothing like anyone that Hannah usually gives the time of day to. He has a different outlook on school and everyone around them from Hannah and in my opinion gives her another view on life. He steps up and offers to pretend to be the child’s father. Along the way we see Hannah struggle with the pregnancy and everyone else’s thoughts and feelings about her. We also get to know more about the mysterious Aaron.
I didn’t think I would enjoy this book because lets face it I am 26 years of age and relating to a 15 year old isn’t exactly my speciality but I loved it absolutely loved it. The only thing that really got me was the ending. I would have liked to have seen her enter into motherhood and see what happened with her studies. I would also have liked to have seen what happened with her and Aaron in the long run,did they end up together did he raise Hannah’s child as his own. I had hoped that maybe they’re had been a second book but alas nothing has popped up. I gave this book Four out of five stars,as you’ve guessed it lost a star because of the ending. I enjoyed this book and it has been one that has stuck in my head for ages afterwards.
I have always loved to read for as long as I can remember. Curling up with a good book has been my most favourite thing to do. There are a thousand reasons why but I will give you just a few.
- An escape from reality,life has dealt me some pretty shitty straws and some days I just want to run away. So I pick up a book.
- You can live as many lives you want to,just pick up a book!
- There is absolutely nothing that feels better than looking at all the books in the library
- Maybe sitting at home and seeing all your collections is amazing too though!
- There is absolutely nothing like a book boyfriend,I also have a real boyfriend,but book boyfriends are so amazing
- I just love to curl up with a blanket,and a cup of tea,and just spend the afternoon reading and living in my own little world.
Some people love to have a life full of things to do,people to see,places to go. I love nothing more than to step into a book. Theres lots of things to do,plenty of people to meet and an endless amount of places to go.
What are some of your reasons for reading?
Ah a free book,there is nothing like a free book I always had this thought that free books were rubbish ones that nobody wanted WRONG sosososososo WRONG. Below are my ideas on how to get your hands on free books!
Book swap club! Start your own book swap club,have any books you no longer wish to own,or ones you know you will never ever touch again. SWAP everyone is happy!
Goodreads giveaways! Enter anything that takes your fancy! and if you don’t know about goodreads. Please leave.No don’t not really stay but PLEASE look up goodreads 🙂
Kindle – Don’t own a kindle but own a smartphone thats all good download the kindle app,there are LOADS of free books!
Kobo – Same again don’t own a Kobo but own a smartphone download the app!
Gumtree – If you are in the UK get looking on gumtree for free books!
Facebook sites – If you know of a Free to collector facebook site for your area use it!
Library – Okay so you can’t keep them,but you will still be able to have amazing adventures FOR FREE!|
If you know anymore let me know below! 🙂
Okay so in 2016 I read quite a few books,not as much as I’d like but quite a few! Some I loved and some I found a little MEH! These are the ones I found a little MEH!
I was so excited for this book SO excited,unfortunately I am not sure if I made it into something it couldn’t live up to in my head or if it just wasn’t as good as the others. All I seemed to get was cringe worthy moments and something that didn’t capture my imagination!
I had heard the most amazing things about this book but alas I was left very disappointed. That being said I did enjoy the last bit of the book! I didn’t connect with any of the characters that being said I didn’t find them unlikable! I just overall felt a little meh about this one.
I had wanted to read this book for years, I had dreamed about it and was so excited. The hype was far too much I think! That being said I don’t know if it is just my age,and actually this book was aimed at people much younger than myself as I felt someone possibly 14 could relate much better than I could.
There we have it,those are the books I didn’t enjoy as much of the rest I read in 2016.I read a total of 33 last year so I think that loving 30 books out of the 33 isn’t bad at all really! Come and tell me yours come on don’t be shy!
I am so very good at dishing out the advice but I very seldom follow it. So I am writing this for all of you but really I shall be attempting to follow it myself!
- Always ALWAYS have a book,ereader,app on your phone like Kobo/kindle to read on. Then if your waiting for a bus,waiting for a friend,stuck waiting for anything you have a chance to read!
- Spend less time on social media,I mean really come on lets be very honest here how many hours do you spend just stalking people? I mean really did you REALLY need to end up on that person you used to go to school with sisters,cousins,best friends profile page? Did you? and how many hours did you waste doing that? Did it achieve anything? Nooo but did you know you could of read 50 pages in that time of an amazing book! #
- Read before bed even it is only going to bed 15mins earlier so you can read some more what would you normally be doing? Playing games on your phone or watching tv?
- Read for 10mins before you get out of bed in the morning (for me this isn’t an option,I spend that rolling around in an anxiety fit)
- Audio books! Oh how I love audio books,you can get into a story while doing your chores or exercising! You can even listen to one while driving to work.
- Finding it a chore to pick up your book,not enjoying it as much as you should? PUT IT DOWN! Find one you can’t stand to put down!
- Set yourself out a list of things you need to do for that day,once thats done you know you can settle down with your book without the nagging feeling you have so much more stuff to be doing.
- Going to have your hair done? Take your book! maybe colours only you don’t want to seem rude!
- Set goals such as I will not move until I have finished 20 pages then get up get a drink,go for a toilet break sit back down and say right another 20 pages. If your anything like me within 100 pages you will be hooked!
There are my top tips now if I could only get myself to follow them…….